Aftermath project presentation week, with all the assets ready to go since the last week, it wasn’t much that I can do, but we were all together working together sharing points of view and everything to have the project finish in time for the presentation, we were working in polishing the layout, giving solutions for whatever need to be fix before it turns to be a one man job.
Because it wasn’t necessary all of our heads to finish the lights or triggers or effects on it. We did planned how to finish it decided how it’s going to be done by the time of the presentation.
After that was all set, for me it was not more to do, I had done all the required tasks assigned for me and a bit more. So, it was the time to focus on my cross discipline project. For that reason I spent most of my time working on those assets. I started with the calm door, unwrapped and texture it to then do the main bed (the big one).
For the clam door with just the colour for it as reference, I decided to do model a simple door based of a reference for the sad sad but without the cracks or anything that indicates sadness that it could basically add on the texture. Anyway, I did the door following the scale sizes in cm as we agreed.
For the beds, I did started in a similar way as for the door but without any reference I have to be create and I used my own bed size for the size of the bed and made it a bit bigger or better say, bigger enough to be the main bed as I was required to do, a parents bed.
And of course for the small bed as I said before I duplicate it and then edited it to have the correct small size as they had required.
In general, making those assets were a bit of fun with logic. Agreeing that the assets were going to be in cm, help me to have an idea of how big they want their assets considering the fact that the size have to be a real life size.
So, in conclusion I did a calm door with a frame and for that I did 2 textures, 2 beds with their respective frames and also 2 textures, though one of them doesn’t look complicate, it fix perfectly to the assets because of the well done unwrap process.
Once I was done, I was going to ask if someone need to help or it was something else I can do, but because I was tired of working with it and rushing with the time, I didn’t ask. Days later I saw everyone had done their assets in time for the game project. Although, I did finish my assets unwrapped by the day of their presentation and their textures on one day after, without a problem because the games students said it was alright.